A versatile hardtail mountain bike
Originally designed as a 29er (and the frame that helped spark the 29” wheel movement), the latest Karate Monkey is also designed to perform just as admirably as a 27.5+ rig. This allows you to pick your poison - provided your poison is having a really great time while permanently donning a shit-eating grin, of course.
The Karate Monkey features updated, progressive trail geometry, Surly's custom trumpet tubeset, and Surly's Gnot-Boost rear dropout system. Available in a variety of colors, with multiple drivetrain and wheel size configurations.
The Karate Monkey Front Suspension bike features a Rock Shox 35 Gold RL A2 suspension fork with 140mm travel, and it’s paired with a dropper post out the box. Progressive trail geometry and Surly’s Gnot-Boost rear dropout system deliver a versatile bike with the ability to swap hubs and wheel sizes. If you want to round-house kick some trail right in the face, the Karate Monkey is your sled.
Check our current inventory page for availability.
Surly Karate Monkey features and specs:
- 100% Surly Chromoly steel frame and fork (fully rigid option); double-butted main triangle and 44mm headtube
- The tubeset uses the same trumpet tubes found on Instigator 2.0 frame for greater stiffness and durability
- Adjustable rear dropouts with 145mm Gnot-Boost spacing. Works with 142, 148 12mm thru, as well as 135mm w/ 10/12 washer
- Available RockShox 35 Gold RL A2 suspension fork with 140mm travel
- Available TranzX YSP15 dropper post with stealth routing; 100mm travel on XS, 120mm travel on SM–XL
- Internal dropper seatpost routing with 30.9mm seat tube ID
- Clearance for 29 x 2.55" or 27.5 x 3" tires