Los Angeles area dealer for Surly Long Haul Trucker & Surly Disc Trucker
The Surly Long Haul Trucker is a time-tested touring bicycle designed to carry you and your gear over long distances. It is loaded with touring-specific features to help make your touring experience a memorable one, whether you're on a weekend trip to get away from the mundane or an all-out adventure trekking across America.
When there's just you and your bike in the middle of nowhere and away from civilization, you can trust the Long Haul Trucker to be a loyal and reliable companion to carry you and your gear through the whole journey. Surly did an amazing job balancing quality, reliability and cost by choosing Shimano XT/Sora combination for the drivetrain. With hundreds of Long Haul Truckers we've customized and sold over the years, we can attest to LHT's second-to-none reliability record.
A great Los Angeles commuter bike
Navigating through the streets of Los Angeles on a bike is not the easiest thing to do. There's constant traffic, people on foot, changing elevations, and endless potholes. Long Haul Trucker's rugged nature double duties as a great commuter bike around town in Los Angeles. The steel CroMoly frame and wide rubber soak up small bumps and vibrations. The low center of gravity and stretched wheelbase also provide a stable and forgiving ride. The Surly Long Haul Trucker is truly a Jack of all trades.
Need more braking power? Go with the Surly Disc Trucker
While the standard rim-brake Long Haul Trucker does a good job when it comes to stopping, the Disc Trucker offers additional braking power when needed especially in wet and muddy conditions. Also in the situation where the wheel is out of true or suffers from a broken spoke, the wobbly wheel won't affect the bike's ability to stop since the disc is attached to the hub, not the rim. The small extra cost is worth the added advantages for those who demand more.
Features that make Surly Long Haul Trucker the ideal touring bike:
- Low bottom bracket position - lower center of gravity provides a more stable ride
- Long chainstay - stretched wheelbase improves ride quality and makes room for all the stuff you want to carry in your rear panniers
- Ample tire clearance - the extra room allows more tire size and tire fender choices
- 26" wheel option - smaller wheel makes a stronger wheel, also makes climbing a hill with load that much easier
- Lots of braze-ons, eyelets and bosses - they offer more rack options and compatibility than ever before
- Optional disc brakes - the Surly Disc Trucker offers greater stopping power when you need it
For More Surly
For more information about Surly Long Haul Trucker, visit our Surly Community Page.