- Surly Bicycles
- Surly Ogre
A tried and true touring and bikepacking bike
Ogre is one of our favorite touring bikes from Surly. The Ogre can get you to your job during the week, then way out of town on the weekend. It's not sluggish on pavement or gravel and can also hold its own on singletrack. Ogre brings several sensible features to the 29er platform, including horizontal slotted dropouts with Gnot-Boost spacing, a tweaked non-suspension corrected geometry, and a beefy tire clearance.
A great utility and all-season commuter bike
Surly designed and built the Ogre to be the ultimate steel utility vehicle. Add a Surly rack and you can strap just about anything you want to it. It makes a great commuter bike with its tremendous tire grip so you don't have to worry about those annoying road imperfections.
Check our current inventory page for availability.
Other Surly models and galleries:
Surly named one of the Ogre colors "Rover Brown" after our shop dog Rover. Now, a couple years later, Rover still tries to use his 15 seconds of fame to work treats from people. I guess I would do the same too.
Surly Ogre features and specs:
- 100% Surly Chromoly steel, double-butted main triangle
- TIG-welded, Horizontal slotted with derailleur hanger, Gnot-Boost spacing allows the use of 135mm QR hub, 142 x 12mm thru-axle or 148 x 12mm Boost hubs. Features Rohloff torque arm slot and threaded eyelets for fenders, racks and Surly trailer mounts
- Full-length Surly Trip Guide housing line guides for derailleurs and brakes; two sets of bottle cage mounts; upper seatstay threaded barrels, mid- and low-blade fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets; threaded holes for racks, fenders and trailer mounting nuts; Rohloff OEM2 axle plate mounting slot
- Disc brakes only. Disc mounts are 51mm IS. Note: rear disc brake is limited to 160mm maximum rotor diameter and requires the use of Surly caliper adaptor (included with frames and bikes)
- Frame is E.D. coated for increased life expectancy
- Tire clearance for 29 x 2.5” or 27.5 x 3”