- Park and Ride
With Topanga State Park only minutes away from our shop, just park your car and start riding. There's no need to drive the bike somewhere else.
- Breathtaking Scenery
Topanga State Park offers an extensive trail system and the most stunning views in all of Los Angeles. Come experience the beauty for yourself.
- Easy and Hassle-Free
Call or fill out an easy Rental Request and that's it! Walk-ins are welcome too.Make a rental request
Our Bicycle Rental Program
Renting a bicycle from us is super easy and convenient. With Topanga State Park just minutes away, you can park your car by our shop and start riding. We are also right next to Malibu, a short distance from the Santa Monica Pier, and about 25 miles from downtown Los Angeles. Come check out the amazing views of Topanga today!
- Paper route map
- Choice of flat/platform, SPD or Crank Brothers pedals
Cycling shoe rental available for an extra fee. We also stock water bottles and energy bars for purchase.
Rental requests and walk-ins
Please fill out the easy online rental request in advance so we can better attend to your needs when you arrive.
- Walk-ins are welcome on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Walk-ins are discourage on Mondays and Tuesdays because we are staffed based on rental requests ahead of time and we may be out riding our bikes.
Fully loaded bikepacking bikes available
Ready to go on some bikepacking adventures? We got just the right bikes and bikepacking gear for you. We have available complete bikes fully loaded with tent, sleep bag, sleeping pad and more. Please email us for the specific gear you need for your trip.
Free app available for download
Our recommended route is available in the free MTB Project mobile app to guide you along. Download the California map and then search for "Topanga Creek Outpost Loop".
Rental & Demo Rates
Mountain Bikes and Gravel Bikes
|$50.00||$85.00||$250.00||$500 - $2000|
|$85.00||$120.00||$300.00||$500 - $2000|
|$100.00||$125.00||$300.00||$500 - $2000|
|Shoes (availabilities vary)|
- Afternoon means you pick up and return the bike in the same day.
- Overnight means you pick up the bike on business day 1, and return it on our next business day. Get one extra day for FREE when you return the bike on Monday because Sunday is free. Or, get two overnights free when we are closed for a race or holiday. Not applicable for bikepacking bike rentals.
- Deposit amount varies based on bicycles. Deposit is secured in the form of a credit card hold.
Surly Ogre Rover Brown (named after our shop dog Rover) is our bike of choice for bikepacking. They are available from sizes small to extra large. Each bike comes with a framebag and a seat bag. Additional storage bags are available upon request.
To make the logistics easier for you, we let you pick up your Ogre the day before your rental period starts. This "free day" (only during normal shop opening hours) will give you the extra time to set up the bike1.
|1-2 Nights||3-4 Nights||5-7 Nights||Gear2||Deposit3|
|$150.00||$200.00||$250.00||$50.00 (per rental period)||$500 - $2000|
|Sleeping bag, tent, and pad only (no bike)|
|$100.00 (1 - 7 nights)||$200|
- The free Sunday and holiday policy (for normal bike rentals) does not apply for bikepacking bike rentals.
- The gear includes tent, sleeping bag and sleeping pad.
- Deposit amount varies based on bicycles and gear. Deposit is secured in the form of a credit card hold.
Bikepacking with Surly Ogre
Topanga State Park Gallery
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are your hours?
Our hours are 9am to 4:30pm during the week, and 11am to 5pm on Saturdays. We're are closed Wednesdays and Sundays so we can enjoy some outdoor adventures as well.
- Can I park my car by the shop and leave it there while I go riding?
Yes, absolutely. Please make sure you don't park in the small lot across from the shop. Also try to park on the same side as the shop.
- Does helmet come with the rental/demo?
Yes it does. In fact, every rental/demo comes with a helmet and flat tire kit.
- Are water and snacks available at the shop?
Yes, we have water free for you to fill up. We also have water bottles, hydration packs, energy bars, etc available for purchase.
- How early can I pick up my bike rental/demo?
You can pick up your bike as soon as we open in the morning at 9:00 am except Saturday which opens at 11:00 am. Saturday mornings are always busy when we open due to the large crowd from the morning shop ride. We recommend that you show up around 12:00 pm to avoid waiting a long time to be helped. We also ask that you pick up your rental before 5:00 pm so we don't get flooded with overnight rentals when we close for the evening.
- How late can I return the bike rental/demo?
Please try to return your bike at least half hour before we close.
- Can I pick the bike up right before the shop closes for the evening and be charged for an afternoon if I return it the next day or pretend I didn't have it an extra overnight?
Overnight is overnight and we charge everyone the same overnight price if you pick it up early or late in the day. We also ask that you pick up your rental before 4:00 pm so we don't get flooded with overnight rentals when we close for the evening.
- Are the trails in Topanga technical or difficult?
There's a variety of trail options. Some are rocky and technical and some are non-technical fire roads. See the videos and photos above for some snapshots of the trails.
- Are the trails hilly?
Yes, it wouldn't be mountain biking without a few hills. Generally the fire roads are flatter than the single tracks and most people enjoy the combination of both for a great mountain biking experience.
- I'm new to Los Angeles. Do you have trail maps available and can you show me where to ride?
There are great trails abound in various difficulties and we're more than happy to point you to them based on your riding ability. When you show up we will give you a basic route map which is also available in MTB Project app if you wish to download it. We have detailed paper trail maps for purchase as well.
- Can I rent a bike early Saturday morning and join your shop bike ride?
Please send a request below and visit us on Friday so we have enough time to properly set up the bike for you. We need to set the shock, adjust saddle height, fit a helmet, install your desired pedals, etc.
- Do you take cash for the deposit?
No, we don't take cash for the deposit. We only accept deposit in the form of a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club and JCB). We put a hold on your credit card when you pick up the bike. We run a charge on the same card when you return the bike.
Send a Request
Please note that we're closed on Wednesdays and Sundays. Your request is confirmed when we respond back to you which can take up to 48 hours.